Friday 2 August 2013

On the Window Seat with Tamsin Baker

Today, I have erotic romance author, Tamsin Baker joining me on the window seat. It's a rainy day in Ireland, but not to worry, only means we get to curl up in from of the fire with a good book :)

Welcome Tamsin!

So first things first, when did you first start writing, Tamsin? Was it just an unbridled urge to write or had it been a matter of ‘it’s now or never’?
I wrote on and off for years, but my unquenchable need only took off about 10 months ago. For me, it makes me happy, and I don’t want to ever do without it again.

 
Is there a reason as to why you write? And what’s your favourite part about being a writer?
I write because it keeps me sane and it makes me happy. My favourite part? Hmmm the ability to create amazing people and enjoy them so much.

(It's awesome creating the people you've always wanted to meet, isn't it? :) And I agree on your reasoning. Writing = Sanity :p)
 
What inspires you? The novels you read? Other authors? Life itself?
I just like people, and love to create relationships. Other authors are inspiring, but I don’t read a whole lot. I want to write, constantly.

(It's a hard battle between the desire to read and the need to write.)

When did your writing dream become a published reality?
My first erotic romance was published in April 2013 J Truth be told, a m/m published by Evernight Publishing.

 
What was the hardest part of the publishing process for you?
Finding a publisher that is trust worthy I suppose. But my writing friends have helped me with that so much.

(It's so important to find a publisher you can have a partnership with.)
 
Do you have any inspirational words for aspiring writers?
If you love it as much as I do, then you will achieve whatever goal you set for yourself. Aim high, it’s the only way.

 
Can you pitch you current/upcoming release to us in ten words or less?
Two tiger shifter’s destined to be, and her wolf boyfriend.

(Ooo, I love shifters.)
 
Who is your favourite character in Fighting Destiny?
Probably Tommy, the wolf shifter. He’s just adorable. He’s Natalia’s boyfriend and he knows that Jeremy is Natalia’s destined-to-be-mate, and he has the courage to love them both.

(He must be very special to respect such a bond. And a complication.)

 
What’s next for Tamsin Baker?
Well, I’m currently working on another m/m, which will be released in about 6 weeks, which is beyond cool. I got a contract/release date before the book was finished. Then I have the sequel to Fighting Destiny coming out in September.

(How exciting! Best of luck!)

Are you reading a novel right now?
Yes, an awesome m/m called Aftermath: Guts and Glory. By Tyler Robbins.
http://www.evernightpublishing.com/aftermath-guts-and-glory-by-tyler-robbins/

 
If you had to write a warning to your readers about your novel, what would you say?
Warning to women readers: I have been warned that this story causes you to both cry and slide off your seat.

(Did you hear that ladies? Get your tissues ready!)
 
Now, this author runs on coffee and the occasional nip of whiskey. What refuel your writerly engines?
Baileys and milk and chocolate!

(I love baileys! Especially in my coffee hehe)
 
Now, for all writers, there’s something magical about creating a novel. What is your favourite part of creating a novel? Are you a Happily-Ever-After kind of writer, a cheeky black moment maker, or a first-sight-and-first-kiss kind of writer?
Happily Ever After writer- 100%!

(I do love a HEA :) )

Thank you so much Tamsin for joining me on the blog today. Might crack open a bottle of Baileys right now!
As for my readers, you can find out more about Tamsin at the following links:

- www.erotictamsinbaker.blogspot.com.au
- www.tamsinbakererotic.com

And here is the blurb and links for her debut, Fighting Destiny:

(MMF contemporary shifter erotic romance)

 
Jeremy left his small hometown ten years ago determined to get away from the female child who is his predestined mate.
But Natalia, a rare tiger shifter, has been kidnapped and Jeremy chooses to return to help the land shifter pack find her.
What he doesn't expect when he returns home, is his attraction to Natalia's boyfriend Tommy and the fact that his tiger mate is still unclaimed.
Jeremy finds himself falling in love with both Tommy and Natalia, yet the rival shifters of the sky seem determined to rip them from him.


Buy Links:
- http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Destiny-Shifters-Land-ebook/dp/B00E8YE7H6/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1375358182&sr=1-6&keywords=tamsin+baker
- http://www.evernightpublishing.com/fighting-destiny-by-tamsin-baker/

No comments:

Post a Comment