Saturday 10 August 2013

On The Window Seat with Tabitha Shay

Well, it's another sunny weekend. And here on the window seat is Tabitha Shay. Tabitha is a fellow SCP author and I'm very excited to have her on the blog today. Welcome!

Good Morning, Readers,
Before we get started, just let me say, “Thank You” for your invitation to be here today. I’m paranormal romance author, Tabitha Shay. Please leave comments and email addy. I’ll be giving away and E-copy of Send Him an Angel to some lucky winner. Good luck!
Excellent. I hear readers love a giveaway hehe :)
 
 
 

Now first things first, tell us five things about yourself as a person and as a writer (genre, hobbies, personality, are you a little on the quirky side?)
I always have dozens of stories swirling in my head. I always three –four WIPs in progress. Some of my readers call me, “Twisted” in the nicest way. I love collecting coins and have sold several sets, then I start over. I sometimes have to make myself sit down and write. Not that I don’t love writing, I do, but I procrastinate big time…*giggles*
3-4! How do you ever keep track. Only yesterday I encountered the name of one hero in the place of his brother's!
 
So when did you first start writing?
I was fifteen when I penned my first complete story. I haven’t stopped since. It was totally unbridled. Was it just an unbridled urge to write or had it been a matter of ‘it’s now or never’?
 
Is there a reason as to why you write?
I can’t help myself. The ideas never stop coming.
 
And what’s your favorite part about being a writer?
Getting that first line hook on paper, then watching the story unfold.
 It is exciting isn't it.
 
So what inspires you? The novels you read? Other authors? Life itself?
A bit of all three, plus songs. Songs are a big inspiration.
Can't go wrong with a writing playlist! It's like a movie. You have to set the mood. :)
 
 
Tell us a little about your current WIP.
Witch’s Touch is book six in the Winslow Witches of Salem Series. It’s Nyra and Dym’s tale of a woman terrified of dying and her hero is the Prince of Death come to claim her soul.
I love witch stories!
 
So obviously this isn't the first novel you have ever written?
No. I now have 11books published.
 
Now, I find that for aspiring writers, when the tough gets going, it can be hard for some to keep on traveling the rocky road to publication. What keeps you motivated?
So many ideas that just won’t stop nagging to be told.
The Muse can be unrelenting hehe.
 
Plotter or pantser?
Mostly panster. But I do some plotting these days.
 
 
Now, I think of my muse as some being. An alter ego of sorts. Tell us about your muse.
My muse, hmm, not sure about it. Is it that little creature that wakes me up in the middle of the night ordering me to get up and write?
Are they male or female?
One of each…*giggles*
Can you describe three of their personality traits?
Nosy, stubborn, and bossy.
Have you kissed the Blarney Stone? If you haven’t does the thought of dangling over the edge of a medieval castle to kiss a saliva (and good knows what else) covered stone make your head spin?
I haven’t kissed the Blarney Stone. Don’t think I want to. I’m not comfortable with heights.
 
Are you reading a novel right now?
Actually I’m reading one of my own books titled Wild.
 
If you were about to encounter the rakish charms of an Irishman, what would you arm yourself with?
Nothing! Come and get me. *giggles*
If you had to write a warning to your readers about your novel, what would you say?  
“Warning: This novel contains a hot gambler and sexy Native Americans. Read at your own risk!”
Now, this author runs on coffee and the occasional jug of whiskey. What refuels your writerly engines?
Lots of coffee and the occasional pint of Applejack Moonshine…*giggles*
 
Now for a question to appeal to our readers visually, but which Hollywood star would you choose to play your hero and heroine?
Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins.
 
 
 
Fabulous. Thank you so much Tabitha for joining me today. I've had fun learning more about you and wish you all the best if your witchy series :)
Readers, if you would like to learn more about Tabitha, you can visit her website: http://www.tabithashay.com
 
And as for Tabitha's giveaway, here's a little about Send Him an Angel!
In the Badlands of the Dakota Territory, a war rages between good and evil, between angels and Satan’s three sons…
Earth Angel —Elizabeth Bonner’s plans for her wedding dissolve when she discovers her fiancĂ© cheating. To escape the pain and humiliation, she flees to the rowdy mining town of Deadwood Gulch where one person stands between her and hell—Gabriel King.
Dark Angel —Gabriel is feared by most, but he meets his match with Elizabeth. 1876, Dakota Territory is no place for a lady whose innocence is tempting as sin. Toss in a couple of trouble-making cherubs, and the Old West will never be the same.
Elizabeth and Gabriel —more than one war is brewing in the Black Hills…
 
And something  little different this week, Tabitha has an excerpt to share:
Inside her gloves, her fingers itched and felt moist. She stilled when she saw him track her nervous habit of rubbing her hands down the sides of her gown.
He lifted his head and their gazes locked. His lips curved with a knowing smile. “Miss Bonner, we haven’t been properly introduced. I’m Gabriel King, Gabe if you like.”
She didn’t like. She refused to be on friendly terms with him.
“I hope my presence here doesn’t bother you.” His eyes said he couldn’t care less if he bothered her or not.
Her hackles raised another notch. “You don’t bother me at all,” she replied, refusing to tone down the tartness in her voice. She was ready for a fight and this man was the one she was ready to battle. “I know who you are, and I know what you want.”
Fire shimmered in his eyes. The color changed swiftly from pale blue to fierce cobalt. Elizabeth blinked twice to be certain it wasn’t her imagination. He slid his hot gaze over her, pausing on her mouth, then casually drifted to her breasts to linger for an uncomfortable amount of time.
He lifted a most arrogant brow, then eyed the toes of her emerald-green silk slippers that flirted from beneath the hem of her long skirt. A smile teased his lips, as if he thought her shoes a bit whimsical. Taking his time, he slid his gaze back up, a long, slow journey that had her literally squirming inside. There wasn’t an inch of her body his eyes didn’t touch or dwell on.
“No, I don’t think you do know what I want,” he said with a lazy drawl. “Not…yet.”
 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow... it's great to see you out here ... haven't chatted with you in ages... so glad to see you're doing great! Your book sounds fabulous ...I'm so happy for you. Best to you ... and shoot me an email sometime so we can catch up! Loved reading your comments ... with your usual sense of humor ... wishing you many sales. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY so much, Miss Rita...
    It has been awhile....I miss all you ladies from awhile back. I will email you...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is book 2 of Send Him An Angel due out? I need it : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be after the first of the year...I have it started, but right now I'm spending all my writing time on Witch's Touch....TY so much for dropping by....Hugs...

      Delete
  4. I'm pleased to announce that Rita Karnopp won the drawing and has received her copy of Send Him an Angel. Congrats, Rita and thanks to all of you who took a moment to drop by and leave a comment...Tabs

    ReplyDelete