Thursday 2 August 2012

Two Weeks Until The RWA Conference!

This year I'll be attending my first RWA writing conference. I'm so excited and can't wait to make friends, learn some craft and pitch my manuscript to some editors!



Over the last week I've been groaning over my pitch. It just wasn't working for me. So I sent it to my fellow writers and thanks to their advice and help and a read over one of my old pitches, I had a lightbulb moment.

Ta-da! I now have my pitch. One less thing to worry about.

Though I will admit, I am already feeling nervous. I'm a talkative person, you might have guessed so much from my length post and my lenghty novels. But despite my ability to 'talk under water with marbles in my mouth', I like my lastest heroine, Cara Barrow, get nervous when meeting new people. Especially when something I love and have been working on for months is riding on what I say.

So guess who will be getting alot of practice in?

I've been hearing little snippets on what is being planned here and there. And gosh I'm excited. It is going to excellent!

Well, I'm off. I have a synopsis to write, some pitch prep to-do and a novel to finish!

Wish me luck!
And see you at the conference,

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment