Wednesday 14 March 2012

Writer's Wrath - DO NOT DISTURB!

I thought it would be hard coming up with interesting things to post, but it turns out, when you love writing and talking to people, be they writers are readers, it's rather easy.
After talking with a fellow RWA member, Sarah Schell, I diagnosed myself with something the dictionary has defined as: 'a psychotic disorder characterised by systematised delusions'. Or in other words, Paranoia.

In the near future, I will be publishing a post that outlines the top ten fears experienced by writers. In my quest to get some answers, I was diagnosed with the above condition.

Sarah and I share a... I'm not sure what to call it. But the bottom line is, one of our pet peeves as writers, is being interrupted when we are 'In the Zone'. My twin sister has suffered my writer's wrath a number of times and if I didn't shut myself away, I think many other's in my household would suffer it too.

'Paranoia' is a little strong... I don't think my actionas are phsychoatic, but hey! I can't say I've never wanted to throw a brick at an Interrupter's head. Lucky for them, I no brick have been at hand and I treasure my books too much to throw them.

So my question is, do you suffer Writer's Wrath? You do? Well, I have a few suggestions for you.

Firstly, using Sarah as an example, I made the following:


Secondly, you might like to buy the following:
The Foam Brick:


http://www.latestbuy.com.au/foam_brick_prank.html

And The Foam Hammer:


 
http://bytesngrins.stores.yahoo.net/foamstresham.html

An interesting thing about these foam objects, a few secondary english teachers I know own all of them and others! So I'd like to thank them for their contribution haha.

So readers, what did we learn today?
Never, EVER, interrupt a writer while he/she is writing.
And if you follow that one, simple rule, you'll live you life without having several foam objects thrown at your head.

Well, that's all for today, but keep your eyes on my post. I'm in the Irish spirit this week and Saint Paddy's day is just around the corner.

W

No comments:

Post a Comment