Thursday 12 September 2013

On The Window Seat with Tamara Hoffa!

Today, fellow SCP author, and lover of cowboys, Tamara Hoffa joins me on the window seat to enjoy some of Ireland's beautiful sunshine. 'Sunshine in Ireland?' you might ask. Well, yes! Despite Ireland's high rainfall, we get some beautiful sunny days here. I like to think that you appreciate the sunny days more here for a times, they can be rare. :)

And lucky Tamara! You've got your sunny day! Welcome. :)



Now to start things off, tell us five things about yourself as a person and as a writer (genre, hobbies, personality, are you a little on the quirky side?)

I am married.
I have 3 children and 2 grandchildren.
I love to read and cook.
I am basically a really shy person.
I write contemporary romance.

When did you first start writing? Was it just an unbridled urge to write or had it been a matter of ‘it’s now or never’?

I wrote angsty poetry in high school, but didn’t start writing for publication until 2012. I kind of fell into it. I saw an ad for a submission and contest and decided to give it a try.
 
An act of fate, me thinks hehe :)

So it started as an opportunity, is there a reason as to why you have continued to write? And what’s your favourite part about being a writer?

I love to read, and I wanted to share my own stories with readers. My favorite part is hearing from readers!

What inspires you? The novels you read? Other authors? Life itself?

Everything. So yes, Life!                      

When did your writing dream become a published reality?

September 2012.

What was the hardest part of the publishing process for you?

Don’t hate me, but I had no problems publishing. I got a contract on my first submission and my second, I’ve never gotten a rejection letter. I’ve been very lucky.

Haha, some say the first rejection is a rite of passage, but hey? I think that's wonderful that you a found a home for your novel the first time round. :) And in SCP no less!
So, do you have any inspirational words for aspiring writers?

It’s never too late to follow your dreams

Can you pitch you current/upcoming release to us in ten words or less?

A hot cowboy gets a second chance at love.

You had me at 'Hot' hehe!
Who is your favourite character in Roping Love? Should I guess?

Chance’s brother Chase. I am writing his story now J

Oh! You are just like me. I was crushing on my Jack's brother whenever I wrote about him in Jack's story. Though, Jack has charms of his own :)
What’s next for Tamara Hoffa?

A lot I hope! I have one manuscript in submission now, A Special Kind of Love, I am working on the sequel to Roping Love, Giving Chase and I am trying my hand at my first paranormal romance, Windy City Dragons, along with my blog partner, Beverly Ovalle.

Big plans! And plans I'm looking forward to! I love a good paranormal and Dragons are so interesting.
 
Are you reading a novel right now?

I read so many novels that I couldn’t begin to guess what I’ll be reading when this posts, so I’ll share with you the best book I’ve read in quite a while, Code Name Ghost. It is by a fabulous new author, Natasza Waters


Now, this author runs on coffee and the occasional nip of whiskey. What refuels your writerly engines?

Coffee, coffee and more coffee! When I am working I drink about 2 pots a day, with lots of flavored coffee creamer

We are kindred hearts haha.

Now, there’s something magical about creating a novel. What is your favourite part of creating a novel? Are you a Happily-Ever-After kind of writer, a cheeky black moment maker, or a first-sight-and-first-kiss kind of writer?

I am happily ever after kind of girl. I love a happy ending!
 
I know few who don't love a HEA! Now, that's our interview over, but I do hope you will come and stay again Tamara. :) Thanks so much for joining me.
 
Now readers, if you'd like to keep up with Tamara, you can find her at the following places:
 
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTamaraHoffa
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/TamaraHoffa
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6537898.Tamara_Hoffa
Blog: http://sslyblog.wordpress.com/
 
And here's a little about her fabulous books:


 
Ten Years ago love slipped through Chance’s lasso. This time “He was going after her and she didn’t stand a chance, just like a calf in a chute, he was going to rope her with his love and ride back into her life.”
Carrie Stewart is a dedicated horsewoman. She runs a successful breeding and training program. She is a good friend, a good sister and a favorite aunt, but she has been burned by love. Carrie has never gotten over her first love, Chance Ryan. After ten years of absence Chance shows back up in her life. Should she risk her heart again, with the man who left it broken at her feet in the past? Chance has some serious work ahead of him to win back the one woman he could never forget.
 


Excerpt:


Chance felt like he’d been thrown from a bucking bronco. Ten years. He hadn’t seen her in ten years. And it was just like before. God, she was even more beautiful than she had been at eighteen. Time had matured her body, her curves a little fuller than they had been. Her hair was short now, almost boyish in length, but curling softly around her face it looked feminine and flirty. It was a deeper shade of blonde now too, a golden honey color that looked stunning against her sun-bronzed skin. What the hell was she doing here? And who the hell was the kid with her? Chance was busy doing mental math, the kid looked nine or ten. Carrie had called him several times in the months after he left. He’d never returned her calls. Could she have been trying to tell him she was pregnant? No it couldn’t be, she would have told him. Wouldn’t she have?

“I’d say small world, but since it really is a small world and we haven’t run into each other in ten years…”

Carrie arched one eyebrow, he always loved when she did that, it looked so haughty and hot.

“What brings you here?” Chance asked

“Same as you I guess, looking for some brood mares.”

“Actually, we’re selling this mare.” Nodding at the other, nearly forgotten man in the stall. “This is my brother, Chase.”

“Nice to meet you,” Carrie said, looking down at Tyler, “Well, we need to get to the Coliseum, Tyler wants to see the cutting.” Keeping her arm around his shoulders they turned to leave.

“We should talk,” Chance said

Carrie looked over her shoulder and stared him straight in the eye. “I think the time for talking is long past.”

The phrase she was so mad she could chew nails and spit screws ran though his mind at her look. Damn. He had really fucked things up between them. Why hadn’t he taken her calls again?

Oh, yeah, to give her a chance at a good life.

“I really need to talk to you.”

“There’s nothing left to say.”
 
 
Buy links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Roping-Love-ebook/dp/B00CO9R68O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1368021740&sr=1-1&keywords=Roping+Love
All Romance E-books: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-ropinglove-1190964-149.html
Secret Cravings Publishing: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=584
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/roping-love
 

No comments:

Post a Comment